Saturday, April 23, 2011

No Leo, No Juno

Though I forget the vast majority of my dreams, the strange anxiousness that lingers after sleeping indicates that I have really weird ones. Sometimes, they're so bizarre that I manage to remember them so I can forever be tormented by their strangeness. Today while napping in my incredibly uncomfortable car, I had one of those dreams. Here's a few of the things that happened while I was sleeping:

-Tokyo-chan, the band I played with for a Japanese benefit concert, was having a photoshoot with the self timer of a point-and-shoot camera (even in my dreams we're a ghetto band...). For some reason, I was doing some weird dance pose for the camera and my head was disproportionally big. I was very self-conscious of my head and wanted to un-tag myself from the facebook album that was going to be made.

-A mystery man (in the dream, I literally saw a question mark wherever he was) was somehow hypnotically suggesting things to me and a group of people. When I told a friend that I was being hypnotized, he claimed that he had been manipulating me since the day we met. This was VERY inception-esque.

-Probably the most memorable part of this dream was watching some scenes from a video game I've been playing (which pretty much tells me I've been playing too much). Anyway, the story in my dream (which completely differs from that of the actual game) was about how the main character just received a cushy job in the army and when he was going to an office to accept the position, he found himself having to save the girl he loved from some unexplained peril. After the incident, she somehow disappeared and the hero rushed to the office only to find that the job he was pursuing was taken by another applicant while he was off do-gooding. A pretty sad story isn't it?

-Ryoko, a woman who hangs around the music department, randomly went in my car and expected me to give her a ride. When I told her that I wasn't driving anywhere, she started singing. [Actually, this is not weird at all. This situation is completely believable]

These may seem like pretty normal situations, but realize this all happened in the same dream. Somehow when I was dreaming, all these things connected with each other; the part about how I was being hypnotized was somehow related to my band's photoshoot and the stuff Ryoko was singing to me. I'm not going to go about psychoanalyzing my weird crackpot dreams, but man... Carl Jung would have loved this.

Have a nice day,
-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment